GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
Tony & Dog Groomers Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller– A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor– A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data– The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data –The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership,political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party– means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we?
Tony & Dog Groomers Limited is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Our contact details are:
TONY & DOG
162 Washway Road
Tel: 0161 2223434
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
– To communicate with you about appointments.
– To inform our clients of any relevant details while your dog is in our care.
– To advise you when your dog is ready for collection.
– To send promotional offers and updates about our business.
– To maintain our own accounts and records.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at our salon, on our site www.tonyanddog.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site.
If you need to download your personal information saved on our website, please following the link:
Privacy Personal Information
- The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
1 Personal data: Your name, dog’s name, address, e-mail address and phone number, veterinary practice, grooming preferences and history.
We have obtained your personal data from you. These data is entered into our booking system “Shake Your Tail”. No other details are held.
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
☐ Consent of the data subject; *INCLUDE A CUSTOMER DECLARATION & GDPR CONSENT FORM
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will not be shared with third parties.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary,
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes: to communicate with you about appointments, to maintain our own accounts and records of grooming history, preferences, dog’s temperament and dislikes. Any non-returning client data will be destroyed in 3 years from your last visit.
- Providing us with your personal data
Pets will only be accepted for grooming after the Owner (or another responsible person) has filled in and signed the ‘Customer Declaration Form’. By signing this document, you are deemed to have accepted all Terms and Conditions.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AT ANY TIME, WHERE CONSENT WAS YOUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA.
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
WE DO NOT TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA.
- Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us on:
TONY & DOG
162 Washway Road
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.